Sunday 20 September 2009

Ideas for heavy pencil

We don't have long before heavy pencil. We're lucky to have the opportunity. If we all pull together and work hard it could be great. I we don't it will be another flop like the reading room opening and it will just be a bit embarassing....

I like how he skips the boring bits (like colouring in) and swaps to an already done one. This would save people getting bored but then we also have 4 hours to kill so perhaps we could do with killing some time?
I also like how it looks like a dick and balls.



It annoyed me how Anthea Turner always had everything pre made and it all work perfectly In such a short ammount of time. Me and my mum slaved away for days to get mine made and I'll admit it there were points when I felt like giving up. Especially when my mate Richard Eastick had his bought from Totally Toys on Gloucester Road the same day he said he wanted it. He didn't evven have to wait for his birthday. In retrospect I'm grateful to my Mum but at the time I certainly felt I was getting a hard deal. It all payed off in both the long and short term; me and my Mum made a pretty penny making Tracey Islands for other kids in my school who loved thunderbirds, and I'd also like to think that the skills I learnt all those years back are the same ones that got me into art school.I hope I'm not showing my age.


This animation is by Johnny Kelly is obviously way beyond our grasp, but the idea of collage, moving objects within a larger framework, combining collage and drawing are all things worth thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment